Thank you for wanting to volunteer for Sakura-Con! Please note, people call our volunteers "STAFF" but we are NOT paid, as per our bylaws. We are 100% volunteer-run at Sakura-Con.
There is no other way to volunteer but to become volunteer "staff". So if you want to "volunteer" or "staff", it's all the same thing at Sakura-Con.
Also, by volunteering for Sakura-Con you become a voting member of ANCEA/Sakura-Con, and will be asked to participate in choosing how the event is run.
How to become volunteer "staff" at Sakura-Con 2015?
First, read the general requirements for volunteer staffing below. Are you ok with the requirements?
General requirements for all volunteer staff:
- It is preferred that you are at least 18 years old. Some minors 16 and up are hired through director approval, but must observe the minor's policy, including having a co-registered and attending adult.
- You must agree to volunteer a minimum of 16 hours for the convention. Note that most volunteer more than 16 hours.
- You must abide by all ANCEA/Sakura-Con bylaws and polices.
- You must be responsible and show up for all required meetings and shifts as scheduled by your coordinator, manager or director.
- NOTE that for most staffing positions you are required to be on site during the convention.
- Volunteer Staffers are responsible for voting in Executive elections and other decisions related to the running of ANCEA/Sakura-Con.
- Volunteer staff receive a staff t-shirt as far as supplies will allow, and complimentary staff membership registration.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Ready to apply? There are four paths you can take:
- Fill out an application: Soon, a volunteer application will be available for new volunteer staff for Sakura-Con 2015-it will match you with hiring managers who will then email you to interview.
- Apply directly. Please see our Open Staff Positions and apply for a specific position now with hiring managers.
- Returning volunteer staff? Contact previous supervisors. If you are returning volunteer staff, please contact your previous year's supervising Director if you wish to return to the same position.
- Come to a general meeting! Meetings are listed under "About Us".
Note: You are NOT hired until you are invited to register by a hiring manager and a director approves it. Applying is just the start!!
6 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes, 25 seconds until the Party Starts!
Disclaimer | Unless otherwise noted, all content copyright ANCEA/Sakura-Con, a 501(c)(3) organization.