Attention all AMV creators and video editors! Enjoy making videos? Love Sakura-Con? Want to help get people pumped up? Why not try your hand at making us a video for our Opening Ceremonies?
We want our opening video to start Sakura-Con off right, and we want you to do it. What’s in it for us? We get an awesome video to play in front of everyone at Opening Ceremonies. What’s in it for you? Getting to show off your stuff in front of everyone at Opening Ceremonies, and two complimentary memberships for Sakura-Con 2017. It’s win-win for everyone!
Interested? You have until March 1, 2017 to submit your entry at the Opening Ceremonies Video Contest submission pages.
Please read all of the rules for complete details.
- Sakura-Con Opening Ceremonies Video Contest is open to all entrants. All entrants under 18 years of age will need to provide parent/guardian contact information with their entry.
- Videos should be roughly 4 minutes in length. Video may be no more than 5 minutes in length, and should be at least 2 minutes in length. Videos shorter than 2 minutes may be considered, but priority will be given to videos closer to the 4 minute mark.
- All videos are required to be in at least a resolution of 640×480. However, preference will be given to those with 720p or higher resolution. Videos also must have a frame rate of 23.98 (preferred) or 29.976. Audio shall be at a sampling rate of no lower than 44,100Hz (48,000Hz preferred).
- Videos will only be accepted in one of the following formats:
- AVI: Lagarith, Ut, HuffYUV, DivX/Xvid
- MKV: Matroska container using H.264 video and MP3 or PCM audio
- MPG: Mpeg2 codec (either MPEG1 Layer 2 or AC3 audio)
- MP4: H.264 video compression
- Only one video per entrant is allowed. Videos must be the work of the entrant. In the case of collaboration work, entrant will be the one who performed the highest percentage of work. Collaborators will be acknowledged, but only the entrant will be awarded.
- The video may consist of anime, video game, or live action footage, but all must be from Asian sources (i.e. no Avatar, Wakfu, etc).
- Convention footage (both still and video) is allowed, provided that it is footage from a previous Sakura-Con (no non-SC footage is allowed). Footage may only be used with the permission of the copyright holder.
- Videos are encouraged, but not required, to have a mixture of both anime/video game/live action and Sakura-Con content.
- Video must be appropriate for all ages and may not contain any graphic or explicit imagery. This includes, but is not limited to, violence, inappropriate gestures, nudity, or sexual content. Convention footage may not include any footage that violates, can be construed as violating, or encouraging violation of any Sakura-Con policy, in addition to the above.
- Song may be instrumental or lyrical. Song must be appropriate for all ages and may not contain any profanity, explicit language, or sexual lyrics.
- Video must be “clean” (i.e. no subtitles, lyrics, credits, station identification, etc).
- Videos may be submitted via either FTP or upload sites (such as drop-box), provided that no sign ups are required to access. If you are unable to use one of these methods, please contact ceremonies[at]sakuracon[dot]org for alternative methods.
- The Ceremonies Coordinator reserves the right to request alterations to the video as to bring it further in-line with the rest of the ceremony.
- Entries are due by March 1, 2017, and winner will be notified by March 17, 2017.
- The creator of the winning video will be awarded with two (2) complimentary memberships to Sakura-Con 2017.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.