Your entry could be featured in our Opening Ceremony! Creators of the winning entry will be awarded 2 complimentary memberships.
- Sakura-Con Opening Ceremonies Video Contest is open to all entrants. All entrants under 18 years of age will need to provide parent/guardian contact information with their entry, and must abide by Minor Policy should their video be chosen.
- Videos should be roughly 4 minutes in length. Video may be no more than 5 minutes in length, and should be at least 2 minutes in length. Videos shorter than 2 minutes may be considered, but priority will be given to videos closer to the 4 minute mark.
- All videos are required to be in at least a resolution of 640×480. However, preference will be given to those with 720p or higher resolution.
- Only one video per entrant is allowed. Videos must be the work of the entrant. In the case of collaboration work, entrant will be the one who performed the highest percentage of work. Collaborators will be acknowledged, but only the entrant will be awarded.
- The video may consist of anime, video game, or live action footage, but 80% must be from Asian sources.
- Convention footage (both still and video) is allowed, provided that it is footage from a previous Sakura-Con (no non-SC footage is allowed). Please note that all footage must be used with permission of the photographer/videographer.
- Videos are encouraged, but not required, to have a mixture of both anime/video game/live action and Sakura-Con content.
- Video must be appropriate for all ages and may not contain any graphic or explicit imagery. This includes, but is not limited to, violence, inappropriate gestures, nudity, or sexual content. Convention footage may not include any footage that violates, can be construed as violating, or encouraging violation of any Sakura-Con policy, in addition to the above. Accompanying music may be instrumental or lyrical, but also must be appropriate for all ages and may not contain any profanity, explicit language, or sexual lyrics.
- For the health of all convention members, video may not contain strobing effects or other audio or video elements that may cause safety concerns.
- Video must be “clean” (i.e. no subtitles, lyrics, credits, station identification, etc).
- Videos may be submitted via upload sites (such as Google Drive), provided that no sign ups are required to access. If you are unable to use one of these methods, please contact ceremonies[at]sakuracon[dot]org for alternative methods.
- The Ceremonies Coordinator reserves the right to request alterations to the video as to bring it further in-line with the rest of the ceremony.
- Entries are due by February 14, 2020, and winner will be notified by March 1, 2020.
- The creator of the winning video will be awarded with two (2) complimentary memberships to Sakura-Con 2020 (memberships are subject to all Sakura-Con/ANCEA membership policies).
- All entrants agree to give ANCEA/Sakura-Con full rights to use their entry for promotional purposes.