Hello all potential staff members, the Operations department of Sakura-Con is looking for volunteers! Not only will you get a free staff membership and avoid those registration lines, but you will directly contribute to helping do what it takes to make the convention run smoothly. We have multiple positions open which are as follows:
Audio / Visual (A/V) firstname.lastname@example.org
The Operations department is looking for an Audio / Video Manager who take care of all our A/V related needs for our panel, theater, and game rooms. You will be in charge of overseeing several teams to help plan, setup, and monitor these rooms during the entire convention and make sure any and all problems or tech requests for those rooms are handled quickly and efficiently. You will be working with multiple other departments in the organization to make sure that we have everything needed for all panelists and guests. We are looking for someone who has at least 2 years experience volunteering for the convention and at least 1 year at the coordinator level. You need to have experience working with more complex Audio and Visual gear, like multiple channel mixing boards and large venue projectors. If interested please send mail to email@example.com ASAP.
To express interest in staffing for Operations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Programming Department is looking for several Panel Moderators to help the 2014 convention run smoothly! Panel Moderators are the link between the panelists and the Programming Department. They support the panelists, help with line control, uphold convention rules, and record basic information about the panels to provide the best content year after year!
Panel Moderator Requirements/Duties include:>
- Providing quality assurance while attending panels.
- Be responsible, helpful, and show up for all required meetings and shifts.
- Be able to work 16-18 hours during the convention.
- Be comfortable talking to people and working with attendees, guests or panelists.
- Be familiar (or be dedicated to becoming familiar) with the convention rules.
For more information please email email@example.com.
To express interest in staffing for Programming, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship is looking for 3 Industry Liaisons to help with Industry Guests during their panels at the convention.
Main duties include:
- Reports to Sponsorship Department Manager and Assistant Sponsorship Manager.
- Primarily acts as point of contact for industry guests during the convention by answering questions, solving problems and addressing needs during panel and industry events. This mainly includes being available during your assigned Industry Guests' panel and other con related appearances in order to be available to answer questions and assist when needed.
- Assists in other Sponsorship Department needs as needed including procurement for bag stuffing, contacting organizations for screening permissions and other tasks that may be assigned.
- Previous experience being a liaison is preferred but not required.
- Comfortable talking to people , polite and helpful.
- Must be available during assigned panels and events or when your guest has questions during the convention.
Please submit a letter of interest, telling me about yourself and your experience to email@example.com.
Please contact our Sponsorship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Section 9 is hiring for 2012. We are the Guest Escorts for the bands and other guests of honor.
- Escorts our guests
- Around the convention center
- To and from their hotel
- Around Seattle upon request
- Guards the rooms reserved for all our guests
- Runs errands for them (i.e. retrieve food, coffee)
- Enforces their requirements for appearing (i.e. no flash photography)
In short, Section 9 acts as the buffer between our guests and their fans.
Due to the high-profile nature of this job and its stresses, an interview is required before hire.
If you are interested, please send the following information to email@example.com.
- Previous Sakura-Con experience
- Section 9 related experience
- Phone number
Transportation Coordination is looking for Drivers!
Please consider volunteering your time as a Sakura-Con driver. You can meet the guests, make new friends and assist the con in a vital behind the scenes job. Hours range from 8 AM till Midnight in four hour shifts beginning the Thursday before Con (March 28th) and running through the Tuesday following (April 2nd). Volunteer "staff" benefits apply, such as complimentary membership, for a full explanation of these benefits visit out site: http://www.sakuracon.org/volunteering/index.php
- Drive guests and liaisons as required, mainly in the Seattle area
- Present a professional face to Sakura Con guests
- Commit to at least 20 hours of volunteer time between March 28th and April 2nd
- Driver's license valid in Washington state
- Ability to navigate busy Seattle streets during rush hour, or with unruly passengers
- Ability to comfortably drive a large vehicle, such as a full size van or large SUV in the city
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
A test drive will be required. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Relations department is looking for candidates for Japanese Guest Liaisons, attending to the guest professionally, with integrity and focus. If you feel this is right for you, please inquire email@example.com for details with your name, resume if available, and a description of relevant skills and activities as well as your contact information.
- Coordinate personal communications between other staff members, attendees, and others inside and outside of the convention.
- Interface with other staff and industry members during relevant convention activities.
- Convey requests and inquiry from a guest to the convention and vice-versa.
- One must possess a level of conversational Japanese skill appropriate for most typical business settings.
- Be available all day from Thursday evening to Monday morning.
- Must be able to attend to the assignment with a high degree of professionalism, integrity and focus.
- 21 years or older preferred. But if you are 18 years or older, please inquire if you meet other requirements.
- The knowledge of the Seattle area is a plus.
To express interest in staffing for Relations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are multiple staff positions open in Information Booth, ID/Pass Booth, and Reception Room. For more information or to apply please email email@example.com.
SAS is now accepting applications for the following positions for Sakura-Con 2014:
Floor staff: Handles policy enforcement, crowd control, and general customer service out on the main convention floors
Line Control: Manages the line-up for large panels, registration, and autographs, ensuring lines are formed in an orderly fashion and do not obstruct walkways.
Main Events: Handles policy enforcement and crowd control for Main Events (dances, concerts, etc)
Nights: Operates the same as floor staffers, but during the nighttime hours. Night SAS staff also performs the minor sweep.
Office: Handles filing of incident reports, after-hours peace-bonding, checking SAS staff in and out of their shifts, and radio/nextel distribution.
Peace-Bonding: Oversees the process of peace-bonding attendees' weapon props during the convention.
Package Check: Checks in attendees' bags, large props, etc. during main events in which such items are not allowed (e.g. dances)
In order to apply, please send an email to SAS@sakuracon.org with a resume and the following information filled out:
Primary position for consideration:
Additional positions you'd be interested in:
Years of experience in SAS:
Years of experience as convention staff:
Any additional experience that would be relevant:
Any additional comments:
Reception is looking for staffers. Reception is the front desk for the convention main offices. Reception's main purpose is to help staff and attendees alike to find the information or resources they need to answer their questions.
This position requires good customer service skills, a calm head, and the ability to solve problems. Customers service experience and prior Sakura-Con attendance are strongly preferred.
If you are interested please send a short resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill out the following form:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Primary E-Mail Address:
- Are you available for Sakura-Con Staff Meetings? list of meetings here.
- Are you planning to be at the convention on Thursday?
Print Shop Staff
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Publisher
- Ability to cut straight lines with a paper cutter
- Ability to change out toner in laser printers
Point of contact name and sakura-con email address: Print Shop Coordinator, email@example.com
To express interest in staffing for Publicity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for people to be involved with Staff Preservation, with all the hard working staff and voluteers needing a bite to eat or something to drink, we are looking for volunteers to help prep, serve and dish out food. With the con being around the clock, there are plenty of 4 hour shifts that need to be filled. 12 hours throughout the convention of your time is awesomely appreciated. For those who complete the 12 hours, we will write a letter of recommendation to add to your resume and a professional referral for those in the job market and for those 18 and above, the hours can count toward your community service hours. I will need your best hours of availability around the clock to best work around your convention wants and our convention needs!
Please feel free to email me at email@example.com if you are interested in being a part of the culinary team feeding the masses of staff and volunteers at Sakuracon!
If you have experience with cashiering please contact the membership director directly for more information about this position.
Membership Office Staff:
Membership is looking for people to help staff the Membership office. You would be responsible for distributing volunteer badges, replacing lost volunteer badges, and other secretarial duties for the Membership department. If you are interested in this position, please contact Membership.
Registration Shift Coordinator:
Membership is looking for Registration shift coordinators to act as shift leads for various shifts in the registration area. You would be responsible for working with the Registration Manager and Assistant Manager, overseeing the registration employees on each shift. Some management or registration experience preferred. There are two of these positions available. If you are interested in this position please contact the Registration manager.
Membership is always looking for more people to help us with registration. If you are looking for a way to step in and help Sakura Con this is the volunteer position for you! Basic computer skills and customer service experience is helpful in this position, but if you think you have what it takes email the Registration manager and get involved!
Registration is looking for new and experienced staff. Please email Registration.
128 days, 3 hours, 37 minutes, 41 seconds until the Party Starts!
Disclaimer | All content copyright ANCEA/Sakura-Con unless otherwise noted.