If you’d like to participate in our section of the Chinatown Seafair Parade (aka the Cosplay parade!) please follow these instructions:
Date: July 22nd, 6-6:30PM line up. Parade starts at 7PM.
Objective: To show Seattle what Sakura-Con cosplay is all about!!
Where: Meet at approximately King Street and 8th Avenue.
* We do not know our exact placement until we check in; usually they place us in section “C”. You may need to ask where Sakura-Con’s section is with the parade organizers.
A map can be found here: http://www.seattlechinesechamber.org/chinatown-parade.html
Additional Instructions *READ BEFORE ATTENDING*:
1. Plan a family friendly cosplay, BRING WATER and wear sunscreen. It’s likely to be hot, so plan ahead! This cosplay opportunity is fun and 100% optional, please note that participation is considered “at your own risk”.
2. We will have volunteers meeting cosplayers at 5:30PM. Please be present and ready to participate in the parade no later than 6:30PM!
3. Again, please BRING WATER and whatever you need to take good care of yourself. Remember to prepare for sun and heat. The parade organizers do not provide shade, chairs, food, water or other personal care items.
4. Parade participants are asked to NOT throw anything, this includes candy. Please just share your cosplay, smiles and waves with the crowd!